Sculpture Trail Art Acquisition
This first Expression of Interest (EOI) is to provide the initial suite of artwork and interpretative landscape features to stimulate visitors and create a process for sourcing further major sponsorship/funding. It is expected that we will undertake substantial acquisition in the first 1-2 years. We are seeking 3 categories of submissions:
Category #1- Donated Artwork and Category #2- Minor Artwork (up to $10,000)
Selection of the preferred artwork will take place in the 3 months following the close of this EOI.
Installation will take place across 2019.
Category #3- Major Artwork (over $10,000)
Assessment of submissions will take place in the 3 months following the close of this EOI.
Successful applications will receive an honorarium of $1,000 to further develop the commission into a concept suited to a designated site.
Installation will be based on sourced funding and a construction timeline negotiated with the artist.
All categories will be assessed by the Kangaroo Island Sculpture Trail Arts Acquisition Committee in-line with the Kangaroo Island Sculpture Trail Art Policy and recommendations made to the Penneshaw Progress Association for acquisition.
To Submit an Expression of Interest for All Categories,
please provide us with an email that summarises:
- An outline of the proposal/ artwork addressing the KIST guiding principles and criteria (found on our website).
- The artistic vision and brief description of how the work will be experienced, addressing site requirements / preferences (close viewing, open long vista etc) and rationale.
- An indicative project timeline.
- A biography, contact details, and up to date curriculum vitae of the artist, that demonstrates your delivery style, medium/s and scale.
- Any additional relevant comments.
Submissions due by: 31 January 2019
Email submissions to:email@example.com